Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Count Your Blessings...

"Count your blessings, not your problems"

This is one of the first things I read today- after this group text message between myself and my cousins:
"Let's go walk again today- we can take turns pushing the strollers and running"

What a great way to start the day.








I found this picture on Facebook yesterday. It is a great reminder that if you are not ready to commit or make the change then you will not be successful losing weight. Every day I second guess myself and doubt that I can lose weight. For example this afternoon I thought to myself: "do I really NEED to be skinny? I really want to just sit on the couch and eat a bag of pretzels, drink soda, and eat a half a bag of chocolate chips." I WANT to lose weight, I WANT to be healthy I just have really crappy habits that I need to change. Most times I feel like it is easier just to eat now because I won't be able to lose the weight anyways....talk about a bummer!

Today instead of eating an entire bag of pretzels I had 3 sourdough ones over two hours and 3 snack size peppermint patties- an improvement by far....no more snacks for the rest of the day unless it is fruit or vegetables.

Breakfast was a glass of water, bowl of cereal (fiber one), half a banana, a handful of raspberries, and a glass of water....

Lunch-glass of water, bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken, a bite of cheeseburger, a few of Sarah's fries and a diet coke... Not wonderful but still an upgrade from a medium number 2 with coke, a frappe, and ice cream...

We also walked 1.5 miles at the park ( I walked and Sarah (who is only 2 and a 1/2) rode her bike the whole time!)

Dinner will be whatever my mom is having...plus I will have to either turn down cake or have 1/3 the size I usually do...I hope it is a kind I don't really like!

The day is not perfect, but its better than I have been doing! I exercised, avoided super fattening foods, and cut snack sizes big time! Chin up and make tomorrow better!

No comments:

Post a Comment