Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Melancholy...

So...two days have passed since my last post. Since my last post I have walked five miles (four of them Sunday night) and traveled through five different states with the kiddos and Jay. I have been thinking about what to write about and have come up blank...My eating habits haven't been terrible- NO fast food!!(Well, Subway but that isn't really fast food)So that is a plus!

Monday consisted of 10 hours in the car...we left Kentucky at 8:03 am and I pulled in my driveway at 5:50pm. The kids were WONDERFUL!!! We only stopped once-in Maryland. Sarah slept 2 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon (through most of PA) so that helped a ton! I loved visiting my in-laws but I am glad to be home.

Tuesday was pretty uneventful. I had cereal for breakfast, chicken nuggets and steamed chicken rice for lunch, 3 peppermint patties, and twizzlers for a snack (crappy I know..), and half of a salad with chicken on it for supper. Sarah got sick which made me feel pretty crappy for the rest of the night...stupid I know. I also did a little walking with my cousin Alicia...we probably did 3/4 of a mile at a snail's pace because we had 4 kids and a dog with us!

Today has been pretty dreary...breakfast was yogurt with granola. Lunch was salad with grilled chicken (shake and bake on it) with blue cheese dressing and bacon bits. Snack was 3 peppermint patties and Special K sea salt chips, with a diet coke and supper was beef kabobs-I ate half and was full! I haven't worked out yet but my sister is supposed to be coming over after work and we might work out then....I have danced around with Sarah a lot today, cleaned the downstairs, and washed loads of laundry.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning (hopefully at my lightest point of the day) and I am positive I have lost two pounds...My plan for tomorrow is to walk in the morning with the kids (2 miles) and hopefully come home and do some yoga. Friday will be another trip away...which means controlling the urge to just eat junk food. I found a good picture today- it said: "If you are really serious about losing weight then you have to be completely honest about the food you eat"...I took that as don't round down the portion sizes you are consuming....If you have a bowl of cereal it is probably full to the top which is two servings and more calories than you think...plus double the milk, etc. Portion problem is a HUGE problem for me...I always have too much of anything I eat....I S-U-C-K at portioning correctly...something to work on though!

I hope everyone has a great night...keep your chin up and here is a quote to end on:

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."  -Helen Keller 


1 comment: